A visit to our website can result in the storage on our server of information about the access (date, time, page accessed).
This does not represent any analysis of personal data (e.g., name, address or e-mail address).
If personal data are collected, this only occurs – to the extent possible – with the prior consent of the user of the website.
Any forwarding of the data to third parties without the express consent of the user shall not take place.
We would like to expressly point out that the transmission of data via the Internet (e.g., by e-mail) can offer security vulnerabilities.
It is therefore impossible to safeguard the data completely against access by third parties.
We cannot assume any liability for damages arising as a result of such security vulnerabilities.
The use by third parties of all published contact details for the purpose of advertising is expressly excluded.
We reserve the right to take legal steps in the case of the unsolicited sending of advertising information; e.g., by means of spam mail.
PACE understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who connects with PACE and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
What is PACE?
PACE, Pathway to a Competitive European Fuel Cell micro-Cogeneration Market, is a European project. This project has received funding from the Fuel Cells and Hydrogen 2 Joint Undertaking under grant agreement No 700339.
This Joint Undertaking receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and Hydrogen Europe and Hydrogen Research.
The PACE website is managed by the coordinator of PACE:
Avenue des Arts 3-4-5
Phone: +32 – 2 772 82 90
What are my data privacy rights?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in the section below, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details at the end of this document);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this document and we will do our best to solve the problem for you.
Which personal data does PACE collect?
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact data (e-mail address, telephone number),
- First name and last name,
- Geographic data (address, country, city, ZIP/postal code etc),
- Organisation and position,
- Demographic data,
- Photo and biography (i.e. if you are a speaker at one of our events) ,
- Attendance at our meetings or events, where applicable.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us using the contact details provided at the end of this document.
How does PACE collect personal data?
As a Member of the PACE’s consortium or an external stakeholder, we may receive information about you:
- When you use our website,
- When you interact with us on social media,
- When you register for events,
- When you subscribe to receive updates on PACE.
Generally, we collect personal data directly from you, but we may sometimes obtain personal data from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you (i.e. directories or EU institutions websites).
Why does PACE collect personal data?
The information that you provide us with will be used for the purpose of contacting you, fulfilling your online requests or providing you with relevant and updated information about our projects, its activities and publications.
In particular, PACE processes personal data for the following purposes:
- For project management and general administration: PACE processes personal data of the contact persons of the members of its consortium for the purpose of administering or informing the conosrtium or for the governance of the project. PACE also processes the personal data of representatives and contact persons of entities with which PACE sub-contracts, such as services providers or consultancies.
- For publication and advocacy purposes: PACE carries advocacy activities. The project therefore processes contact details of journalists, Members of European Parliament, officials from the European Commission and from EU Member States, academics, consultants and industry experts.
- For events organisation: PACE processes identification details of registered participants to events and conferences it organises for the purpose of managing the registration and participation to such events.
- For information purposes: PACE processes identification data from individuals who register themselves on PACE’s website and give their express consent to receive newsletters or information from PACE.
How long does PACE keep personal data?
In principle the data we hold is not linked to a particular timescale and has therefore no expiry date. Your personal data will be kept as long as you are a designated person of your organisation in relation with PACE or the Members of its consortium and for the time that is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they were collected.
Should you wish to withdraw your prior informed consent, consult, complete, rectify or remove any of the information that we hold about you or your organisation, please use the contact details provided at the end of this document.
Will PACE share my personal data?
As an EU-funded project, PACE does not share or sell any personal data to third parties for any commercial purposes.
Personal data may be shared with Members of the PACE consortium for the same legitimate interest and purpose PACE uses them.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details using the contact details at the end of this page.